- Anyone is welcome to bring their rockets to a club launch and fly with us!
- Members of MC2 and HARA fly for free. Non-members must pay a launch fee of $5.00 per flier (unlimited flights).
- Anyone seeking to fly a high-power motor (H or higher) must be a member in good standing of either the National Association of Rocketry or the Tripoli Rocketry Association.
- High-power fliers must also possess the appropriate level of certification for either association.
- The Range Safety Officer (RSO) reserves the right to ask for proof of TRA or NAR membership as well as proof of certification.
- Please notify us in advance if you are planning to seek certification at the launch so that we can make sure that the appropriate resources and personnel are available.
- Southern Thunder is a special event and primary fundraiser for MC2 and HARA. The registration fees must be paid by all fliers regardless of club affiliation.
- Launch times are generally from 10:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M.
- Field set up generally begins around 9:00 A.M. Setup takes 30 to 40 minutes (volunteers are welcome!).
- Immediately following setup is a mandatory briefing for all flyers at the RSO tent.
- SKIDMARK MOTORS: To protect the sod, the RSO makes the decision to allow or prohibit these motors based on the current conditions at the site. The decision is announced at the mandatory briefing.